Our Thanksgiving Blessings

flickr, aforestfrolic

Hello, Love.

Here in the United States, we are making preparations for tomorrow’s Thanksgiving holiday. At our house, that means a whole lot of baking.

But before I get to any of that, I HAD to stop and reach out to Beautiful You.  I want you to know how very much I appreciate you.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your world.

I would love to create an open “Gratitude Card to the Universe” with your help. Will you please leave a blessing or expression of gratitude in the Wisdom Circle comments?  I’d also love to know about any wish you might have for the coming year.  I want to help, if I can.

Happy Thanksgiving, love — wherever you are.

Photo: flickr, aforestfrolic

Comments from the LAT Wisdom Circle

26 Responses to Our Thanksgiving Blessings

1. Jennifer says:

This has always been my favorite holiday: it’s so completely innocent of any ulterior motive. We simply express appreciation. I am so very grateful today for my beautiful family, our health, our freedom, and my wonderful new life as the creator and leader of this space.

2. Laura York says:

Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!
    That’s my plan for Thanksgiving.
    I’m going to gobble up some yummy food, gobble up some great conversation with dear friends, and gobble up a SUPER SIZED serving of LOVE!
    Feel free to adopt my plan and Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!!

I am grateful for so many things, most specifically for the love I have for and from family and friends; for the peace that comes from living more simply and true to my values…for making it this far and realizing that the best really is yet to come! Thank you, too, for this place , the gathering of these people. You are all a gift!

4. Sharon says:

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior firstand my precious family. We are unable to be together this year, but I am blessed when they tell me they want to start their own traditions with there families.

5. A very Happy Thanksgiving to all who live in the United States. As a Canadian, we celebrate our Thanksgiving in October and find it is one of the most stress free holidays of the year. No gifts, just a lovely meal with family. I wish Christmas could me more like this holiday. Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes to all for a wonderful, healthy year.

Hi, Anne. This year I am “doing” Christmas just like Thanksgiving. I’m not shopping (except for girlfriends). All my guys get cash. And food, I’m going to make amazing food.

6. I am grateful for breath. Until I got my asthma under control, my breath was in jeopardy. But now, I rejoice in breathing which allows me to focus on the rest of my life – family, friends, clients, business, play and the others I don’t know who also inspire me. Ahhh. Life is so GOOD!

7. I am thankful to have been born in this country, in this era. Air conditioning, the internet and indoor plumbing. A LATvian never underappreciates her AC.

The thought I am encouraging this Thanksgiving is, who is thankful for you? Especially my sweet single sisters who might feel the weight of being different more heavily at this time of year. We touch lives. We make a difference. We are connected.

I am thankful for you, Jennifer.

8. Thank-you, Universe, for my One Beautiful Life! For all the wonderful things in it now, and for all the fantastic things that I just know are to come. Thank-you for the Internet especially, as it allows so many of us to connect and support one another through our rebirths.

And thank-you, Jen, for giving us such a wonderful space to connect and support one another! :-)

9. Laura says:

So grateful my son and his girlfriend decided to vacation with me here in Florida for Thanksgiving.
    I am grateful for two communities to share the holiday with as well.

10. Priska says:

I live in Australia where we do not celebrate thanksgiving. By coincidence on your Thanksgiving Day my adult daughters have arranged for us all to go camping by the sea.
    I am grateful that we are all able to get together, everyone including the grandchildren and dog in a beautiful natural wilderness setting by the sea (it is summer here).
    I am also grateful for the Internet which has helped me connect with wonderful midlife women from around the world who have inspired and shown me that mid life is a time to ‘step up’ not ‘down’.

11. Angie says:

The “feels like” temp was -5F this morning, and while my home is old (coming up on 100 YO) – the windows a little drafty, the ceiling a little cracky, the bathroom ceiling a little drippy – it is a home with heat, warm water, a mostly full fridge and pantry, my daughter’s crayons everywhere, and most importantly safety and love for us both. I am blessed and thankful!

12. Janet says:

So much to be grateful for. Friends, family, food, shelter, transportation, and how about a yummy Thanksgiving dinner?! Also, much gratitude to you Jen for the insurrection.

A happy Thanksgiving to all.

13. Jill says:

We don’t have Thanksgiving in the UK which is a shame as a little gratitude goes a long way :)

Thanks Jen & lovely LATvians for inspiration to this pre-LATvian

Ditto most thoughts expressed above

Grateful especially for beloved hubby for so much, the list is endless

Happy Thanksgiving x

• Zeena Rastomjee says:

I am not an American, I’m an Parsi in India. So today is not very different from any other day for me. I have my beautiful thanksgiving prayer to our maker every night — thankful for not only the wonderful things, but also the downturns in life which are also blessings in disguise! They are challenges to overcome that make us wiser, stronger and more accepting. So may we all live each day in the present moment with gratitude in our hearts to our creator. Love to all…

14. Sandy Morris says:

First, I am grateful for us having a space to be able to share our gratitude, and i am thankful for you, Jennifer!

I am also most grateful this year for yearly rituals that help to make life normal. This has been a rough year for me and some of my close family and just having the ability to do things I wouldn’t have the time to do if things were going as they have this year makes me so grateful! It has been a year of putting things off to deal with turmoil and trouble and strife. That means having to constantly be up in the air, juggling lots of plates and trying not to drop them. Lately things have been so much better that I can relax without worrying what is going to blow up while I relax! What a great feeling! Oh, and we got to enjoy our son and his wife for a total of two whole days which seems like a huge luxury! We cooked and played games and laughed and ranted and ate and ate and ate. All the normal things! Right now life is good, and that is so awesome!

15. deborah says:

Jen, I am thankful for so many things but I want to voice one here. Before I found this page I thought that there was something wrong with me and felt hopeless about fixing it. which led to low self esteem, which led to depression and all that goes with that. you and this group has shown me that there is nothing wrong with me, and that I matter. But most importantly that there is hope in changing some of my behaviour, thoughts and lifestyles, with the goal of becoming a different positive Deborah. who is not ashamed and believes in herself. thanks and a happy belated Thanksgiving!!