My Last Fat Summer, and Hello Again, Beautiful You!

wedding shot, black and white

So a few years back, okay, so maybe SEVEN years ago, I was super thin and super cute.

And then life happened.

I got happy and got married, and being married to an Italian is no picnic.

Nope. It’s all PASTA.

So that was the first twenty pounds.

But then, as many of you know, I got really really sad. And, apparently, when I get sad, I eat. And, that led to a size or a size and half up.

Eventually, that sadness led to a misdiagnosis. And that misdiagnosis let to a bunch of medication. And that medication led to a BUNCH of weight gain.

Like, seriously, a BUNCH.

I’m not gonna say how much.
Cause, well, SHAME.

But, things are working out. The misdiagnosis was revealed. I stopped all medications.

And, I’m less sad.
Not completely NOT sad, mind you.
But, less sad.

And then I got a job. A fabulous job I love.
And things are looking up.
Except my kids are still leaving.
And, I’m still horribly sad about that.

But the job is awesome.
And, just for today, Mr. Delicious and I are awesome.

I’m just kinda sorta completely fat.

So, I’m ready to do something about it. I joined Weight Watchers. If you want to sign up, you can find me there as @funnestever. And we can do this thing together.

Cause, whether you like it or not, life is just better when you’re not dragging around half an extra person with you.

And, oh by the way, my lovelies, I have MISSED you.

Love,
Jennifer

25 Responses to My Last Fat Summer, and Hello Again, Beautiful You!

1. Barb says:

So glad to see you back! Happy that you are finding the right answers for you.

2. Theresa Schimmels says:

So glad to hear you are doing well! (I’ve been worried at times.)

Hugs and loves and support!

Theresa

3. Tiffany says:

How cool it is to find you in my email box today 🙂 I agree with Helen – Yay You!!!

Hello again Beautiful YOU!!

4. Patty says:

Love BEAUTIFUL you, Jen! Happy to hear you are feeling better now 👍🏼

5. Alison Z says:

You are such a light!

6. J says:

Jen! Lovely to read of your journey in the manner so uniquely you…I have missed your presence and style. Happy to hear that your new path suits you and that your health is returning! That sadness you describe is hard on a body, but you are resilient, one of the many gifts you have shared with, and encouraged in us.

Thank you for this post. To your joy! J

7. Sue says:

Good to hear from you again. Glad you are doing better.

8. Sue says:

SO glad you’re back and feeling better! You’re an inspiration, my dear!

9. Marie says:

I have so missed your writing and honesty. I love your honesty and rawness. Thanks for catching us up with your life. Look forward to hearing from you again. Hugs for strength.

10. Carla says:

Can’t tell you how HAPPY I was to see your name come across my email and FB page! I’ve missed you and was so glad to hear from you. Please don’t be gone for so long ever again and good luck with WW. It’s a fabulous program…almost as fabulous as you!

11. Mary Koppel says:

Yay, Jen! You’re on a new journey – and one that appears to serve you well, darling woman.
    At this stage – when the pace of child-caring slows down a bit – or shifts a bit, it’s a great time to care for ourselves.
    But then we find out we’re not good at that anymore. So much work in figuring out how to be good to oneself in a way that’s nourishing and healthy!
    You go, dear woman – and I missed you.

12. Alyssa says:

Welcome back Jen!
    Glad to hear things are going swimmingly in your life. A new job! And one you love…..icing on the cake. I’m in job transition and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!! :p You will love WW. I did it years ago (pre-online) and really enjoyed it. I realized it was about re-training my eating habits but easy enough to do. Keep us posted on your journey please and so happy that you’ve gotten the misdiagnosis figured out.
    Blessings!