Some of the things that make my mother proud:
- High School Flute — First Chair, oh, and college, too. Music saved me.
- Graduate Degree — My graduate writing professor, who won the Pulitzer Prize, said I was the “most gifted student writer he had ever taught,” so of course I didn’t put pen to paper again for 10 YEARS! Wanna chat about fear of failure?
- Tootsie Roll Clean Stick Award — 5th grade, I know how many licks it takes to get to that center!
- Undergrad — First in my Marketing Graduating Class. Disclaimer — I’m more scrapper than smart. I just REFUSE to fail.
- 25+ years — Branding, sales, marketing leadership. First at everything, eventually — at least temporarily, until someone else sold more. Remember, I’m more of a scrapper than anything else.
- Mother of 6 Sons — Three of them came from my actual uterus. The other three are grown and on loan from their mother — but mostly at supper time. (No, we’re not “just like the Brady Bunch.” Because I’m Alice. There is no Carol.) And my husband (though ironically named “Mike”), is more “Sam, the Butcher”.
- . . . and one daughter — Grace, who died.
- International Speaker and Writer — Well, Canada and Costa Rica and the US, so far. But that counts, right?
- Published in lots of places — The Washington Post and NYT Most Notable anthology, Kay Allenbaugh’s, Chocolate for a Woman’s Blessings.
- OVER TWO DECADES — of constant, DAILY, prayerful STUDY and WORK and RECOVERY around issues of — addiction, bereavement, loss, and the Triumph of the Human Spirit (in fact, I have an M.A. in that).
- (Please don’t tell me ‘I just don’t understand.’ That just chaps my butt!)
Ready to trust me yet?
Great! Do these things now.
- Join our Wisdom Circle. Sign up below for free updates.
- Sister Up at our Facebook and Twitter Wisdom Circles.
- Bring your sisters. Because we MUST NOT DO THIS ALONE! Please tell all your girlfriends about us. And your enemies. They need us most of all. By the way, if you have enemies, you should stay tuned. We're gonna take care of that. Because there JUST ISN'T TIME FOR THAT ANY MORE!
Did you do them? Most of all, KEEP COMING BACK!